Hello, how can we help you?
At INNOVATIVE, we provide guidance and product troubleshooting to assist you on your projector. Thus, feel free and easy to contact us about the issue you encountered with your projector, especially newly bought. Hereby, we like to enclose and share common issues that have been resolved for your reference.
📶Wi-Fi network connectivity interruptions.
Likely (1): The Wi-Fi connection with the projector is weak or not in a range
You may encounter this issue as your projector are new to be discovered by the Wi-Fi network, let's follow our step to solved it:
1. Unplug the Wi-Fi modem and router from the power outlet.
2. Wait at least 15 seconds.
3. Plug the Wi-Fi modem back into the power outlet first, wait 1-2 minutes, then it's time to power on the router.
4. On the projector, turn off the Wi-Fi connection and restart the projector. Once boot up, switch on the Wi-Fi connection.
5. Wait for all panel lights on your cable modem to become green before testing to rescan the Wi-Fi network on your projector. Now, You shall be able to connect it.
6. If the above does not work, please test using an alternative network (e.g. another Wi-Fi, mobile hotspot) to connect to the projector. If it works, this means that there is no issue with your projector and is likely due to the intermittent signal of the Wi-fi network to which you are trying to connect. In this case, please connect to an alternative network that is more stable.
Likely (2): Projector with 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, or Dual-bandwidth
5Ghz will be the best option for closer and fast-speed connections, while 2.4Ghz coverage is wide but slower for big data buffering. You may easily swap between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz when the projector you have is available in dual-bandwidth. Streaming video and live content may require 5Ghz speed for real-time buffering. While 2.4Ghz is relatively slow due to other gadgets surrounding that area actively acquiring the shared signal with each other, for an instance: operating Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, remote controller 2.4RF, etc. Lagging is sometimes may due to intermittent service provider Wi-Fi signals with the projector.
Let's follow our guide to optimize your Wi-Fi based on your projector:
1. 2.4Ghz only Wi-Fi signal projector - ensure the projector Wi-Fi signal is "Excellent" when connected and less surrounded by 2.4Ghz electronic.
2. 5Ghz only Wi-Fi signal projector - ensure the projector is within a room range of the Wi-Fi router for better coverage for fast video streaming.
3. Dual-bandwidth Wi-Fi signal projector - toggle between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz accordingly to obtain the best connection from 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
Likely (3): Projector connected to the Wi-Fi network and later on auto disconnected, other devices have no connection issue
Your Wi-Fi may randomly disconnect only on your projector, while the other devices alike your laptop and smartphone do not have the same issue. How do you fix it?
1. Check the Wi-Fi modem's connection to the entry point into your area. You may see a cable connecting your modem to a wall outlet or a cable protruding from a hole and ending at your modem.
2. If everything checks out, restart the projector, Wi-Fi modem, and router.
3. Wait for all panel lights on your cable modem to become green before testing again to connect (reduce the total of devices connecting to the Wi-Fi) for how long it can sustain the Wi-Fi network.
4. If the above work but later on does not work multiple times, please contact our support team.
We recommend you to test with another Wi-Fi network alike a mobile hotspot to check if it has the same issue. If it is the same situation, we urge you to contact us.
Likely (4): Incorrect Wi-Fi password
It will show a "Saved" status after you keyed in the Wi-Fi password and hit connect button. It happened in our Wi-Fi password if it is changed, missed typing, or overtyped characters in a password field.
Please "Forget Network" and reconnect with the correct password again.
You could use a USB mouse for easy navigation and clicking characters.
📱AirPlay / Screen Mirroring / Cast issues.
Likely (1): You could not find the features on your Android devices
If your Android device has Cast functionality built-in, you should be able to find it by following these steps:
1. Go to Settings and then Display on your Android tablet/smartphone.
2. Look for a Cast Screen or Screen Mirroring option. The location of this option may vary depending on the device and version of Android you are using.
3. Tap on Cast Screen or Screen Mirroring, and select the device you want to mirror from the list of available projector ID.
4. Once you have selected the device, your Android device's screen should be mirrored on the larger projection with a projector.
Note that not all devices support screen mirroring, and some may require additional hardware or software to enable this feature.
For some projector models, please connect to the same Wi-Fi network to pair with the EShared app. Please download the app and installed it on your Android devices (instructions are available from the EShared app preloaded inside the projector)
Additionally, the performance of screen mirroring may be affected by factors such as the quality of your Wi-Fi network and the processing power of the devices involved.
For laptops/computers, you can use HDMI to connect and cast immediately for the smoothest transmission.
Likely (2): You could not find the features on your IOS devices
You should be able to find it by following these steps:
1. Make sure your iOS device and the projector you want to mirror to are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Look for the AirPlay / Screen Mirroring icon. The AirPlay icon looks like a rectangle with an upward-pointing arrow, while for iPhone, the Screen Mirroring icon is a twin square overlapping side-by-side.
3. Tap on the icon and select the projector ID you want to mirror from the list of available devices.
4. Once you have selected the device, the content from your iOS device should start playing on the projector ID you selected.
Note that not all devices support casting or mirroring from iOS devices, and some may require additional hardware or software to enable this feature.
Additionally, the performance of casting or mirroring may be affected by factors such as the quality of your Wi-Fi network and the processing power of the devices involved.
For laptops/computers, you can use HDMI to connect and cast immediately for the smoothest transmission.
Likely (3): Your connection unstable, often dropping and sometimes unable to detect a Projector ID.
If you are experiencing an unstable connection, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. Here are some suggestions:
1. Switch off the projector from the direct power switch and switch it on again.
2. Reboot If you are using an Android or IOS device to pair with the projector.
3. Turn off the Wi-Fi for 20 secs and switch it on again.
4. Once everything is done, try to AirPlay / Screen Mirroring / Cast again.
5. If the above work but later on does not work multiple times, please contact our support team.
We recommend you test with another Wi-Fi network alike a mobile hotspot to check if it has the same issue. If it is the same situation, we urge you to contact us.
Likely (4): No issue with YouTube, and it does not works on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and other streaming apps.
The streaming app may not allow screen mirroring: Some streaming apps may not allow you to screen mirror for copyright or licensing reasons. The smart version projector has an in-built app like YouTube and Netflix. Otherwise, you can use stream it on your computer/laptop and connect via HDMI to cast immediately for the smoothest transmission.
🎬Netflix is not working properly.
Likely (1): Netflix update not working.
The in-built Netflix version is the version that works best with the projector. So, no updates are required.
Likely (2): Netflix cannot operate much with remote controller
As Netflix does not support remote control well, you can plug in a USB mouse for better control such as navigating episodes & searching.
Note: Some projector model has on-board finger touch/glide pad, in which are functioning alike mouse.
By using two-finger touch gestures and drag allow you to scroll across the Netflix movie list
▶️YouTube is not working properly.
Likely (1): YouTube is unable to load even after restart and Wi-Fi is successfully connected.
This is likely the projector date and time error. Kindly check on the projector system and update the date and time so that, it is synced correctly and workable on YouTube.
To fix it:
1. Check the timezone and change it if necessary.
2. Change the settings to automatic to sync time and date with the online server. If the time and date are still incorrect, adjust them manually.
🖼️Projection has a visual issues.
Likely (1): Blur at the side edge and corner of the projector.
Projector lenses are optimized to focus the image at the center, hence may lose sharpness at the sides and corners. This is the natural workings of the projector due to the curvature of the projector lens. However, the INNOVATIVE projector model is more uniform and offset-free to cope with these issues.
If you are using keystone correction, it will worsen the clarity by the side & corners.
Note: For the best position, place the projector in the middle (like a cinema setup) on a perfectly flat platform/surface. You should be able to get a clear projected image with this optimal setup.
Likely (2): A black spots appear on the projection which is unremovable even the lens is cleaned.
It is caused by a speck of dust due to usage over time. It entered the projector lens panel. The INNOVATIVE projector is less slightly to encounter this situation as it has a very protective design. It is best that you send it to us for a service to properly remove the spots.
Likely (3): Projection showing a large brownish spot.
Please turn off the projector immediately.
This is likely due to overheating. Let it totally cool down and the spot should disappear, otherwise, it will permanently stain the screen. The INNOVATIVE projector is free from having this issue as it is lampless LED-based.
Likely (4): The projection color is not accurate as the original source color. My eyes are not color-blind
The INNOVATIVE projector is bringing you closer to the actual color. We provide trade-in and 10 days upgrade projectors available too